Do your children love science? Mine sure do. This summer with our garden and all the canning, my children have asked a lot of questions regarding how plants grow. So, I pulled out some of our plant science books, found some notebooking type pages, and made a few for our youngest. (you can grab those in a few minutes)
Our family loves science. We don’t tend to stick to one particular curriculum, but they pic a book, look up information and compare to other books. They will take notes and do experiments that interests them. This approach has taken the school out of learning and developed a love of knowledge and learning. They never stop, they always have a pile of books they are reading and learning from.
Our favorite botany resources:
- Exploring Creation with Botany one of our favorite texts to look up information.
- God’s Design for Life Similar to above, but has other topics included, animals and the human body.
- Productive Homeschooling Notebook Pages My children record their learning on these pages.
- Plant Snap an app to use to identify different plants as you see them. Take a picture and let Plant Snap help you identify it. Great for nature walks, purchasing at a Greenhouse etc.
- Early Learning Botany Pack is for those young children wanting to do science with the big kids, but not yet able to understand all the concepts. This set has a Biblical Creation backbone, with a few hands-on flower activities. There are tracing pages, coloring and comparison activities in this pack.