Do your children love science? Mine sure do. This summer with our garden and all the canning, my children have asked a lot of questions regarding how plants grow. So, I pulled out some of our plant science books, found some notebooking type pages, and made a few for our youngest. (you can grab those in a few minutes)
Our family loves science. We don’t tend to stick to one particular curriculum, but they pic a book, look up information and compare to other books. They will take notes and do experiments that interests them. This approach has taken the school out of learning and developed a love of knowledge and learning. They never stop, they always have a pile of books they are reading and learning from.
One of my favorite Gardening Resources:
I love this resource for planning our garden. Homemaker’s Backyard Garden Journal – Planner & Tracker. This week, you can use code fall50off for 50% off. This helps me plan and track how my garden is doing!!
Our favorite botany resources:
- Exploring Creation with Botany one of our favorite texts to look up information.
- God’s Design for Life Similar to above, but has other topics included, animals and the human body.
- Productive Homeschooling Notebook Pages My children record their learning on these pages.
- Plant Snap an app to use to identify different plants as you see them. Take a picture and let Plant Snap help you identify it. Great for nature walks, purchasing at a Greenhouse etc.
- Early Learning Botany Pack Sampler The Early Learning Botany Pack Sampler is for those wanting to do science with the big kids, but not yet able to understand all the concepts. This set has a Biblical Creation backbone, with a few hands on flower activities. There are tracing pages, coloring and comparison activities in this short sampler. I am working on more pages, but started with these before all the flowers are gone for the season. I would love to hear what you think of them.
Could you use some free curriculum? If so, you’re going to love this giveaway! Now through Sunday, September 22, you can enter to win your choice of a science curriculum from Apologia!
To enter, just fill out the entry card below. You can pick and choose which entry options you complete, and along the way, you’ll find some fantastic new homeschool bloggers to follow! In addition, by entering you will also receive a Digital Swag Bag valued at $60 – so everyone who enters gets free curriculum resources! You can find the details of the Swag Bag below the entry.It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions upon entering. Entering this giveaway signs you up for the following email newsletters: The Fervent Mama, Life Beyond the Lesson Plan, The Art Kit, Peace Creek on the Prairie, Brookdale House, My Joy-Filled Life, The Unexpected Homeschooler, Finding Joy in the Journey, and With the Huddlestons email if you aren’t already subscribed. The winner has 48 hours to claim their prize before a new winner is drawn. Giveaway ends September 22nd, 2019 at 12 AM CST.
Swag Bag Details: All entrants will receive the Swag Bag (valued at $60) within 24 hours of the giveaway closing.
- With the Huddlestons – Science Experiments That’ll Blow Your Mind It comes with 4 videos and printable worksheet pages that are needed to complete each experiment. This is the perfect self-paced course for the science explorer looking to be wow’d! This is a $20 course!
- The Unexpected Homeschooler – Career Exploration Worksheets This is a course teens can do to explore what careers would be best for their personalities, interests, and strengths.
- Peace Creek on the Prairie – The All About Animals an early childhood resource packet is filled with eleven lesson plans for elementary aged children to teach children valuable science lessons. $12 value
- Brookdale House – Thirty Pages of Panda Themed Handwriting practice including letter tracing practice. The fun panda graphics will help your child look forward to the next page of practice.
- The Art Kit – Outer Space 3-Part Cards (4 sheets that include Sun + Planets) and STEAM Challenge Color Mixing Activity Cards. $10 value.https://www.theartkitblog.com/outer-space-3-part-p… https://www.theartkitblog.com/color-mixing-steam-c…
- The Fervent Mama – Our Bible Trivia for Kids Game Kit includes 54 printable pages of fun for ages Elementary and up! Valued at $15, each set of questions is sorted by difficulty and labeled by categories. There are 240 questions total; 40 Level 1, 60 Level 2, 110 Level 3, and a Bonus 30 adult questions. ($15 value)